Wow. Over one year no post from me, I’m sorry for that. But the silence is over because today I’ll present you my vegan Pasta Carbonara. Very easy and fast to cook.
For the recipe (2 persons) you need:
- 250 g spaghetti
- 125 g smoket tofu
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-2 hands fresh oregano & thyme
- 250 ml vegan creme
- 100 ml plantbase milk
- 2 „No egg“ (4 tsp No egg & 4 tbsp water)
- 20 g vegan parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp black salt (Kala namak)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
Ok, let’s start!
Cook the spaghetti according to the package.
During this time, cut the tofu into small cubes and chop the garlic & onion.
Heat up a little bit av oil in a pan and fry the tofu, onion & garlic under high heat for around 3 minutes. Reducer the heat and add a dash of soy sauce, oregano & thyme and let it cook for one more minut. Take the pan from the heat.
Add the remaining ingredients to a blender and mix until it’s creamy.
When the spaghetti is ready, put the sauce together with the tofu mix and heat up the pan for around 1-2 minutes. Blend the sauce and the spaghetti together and enjoy!
You can see, it’s easy but you need som ingredients which maybe not everybody has at home.
- „No egg“ – You can probable replace it with potato- or cornstarch, but i haven’t tried it self.
- Vegan parmesan – Make your own: Mix cashews, yeast flakes, salt and garlic powder in a blender and savor. Then season the sauce with this mix until you think it taste good for you. I haven’t tried it self, but it’s probably a good alternative to the finish vegan parmesan from the supermarket.
- Kala namak – There is no alternative to the black salt from India but it’s a must have in a vegan kitchen. If you don’t have it, use normal salt, but the black salt give the little extra in the dish.
- I use a Vitamix as a blender and it’s the best choice for a blender.